Asthma First Aid for Schools
Need to Enrol? Follow the ORANGE buttons to enrol yourself in this course
Already Enrolled? Click on the Student log in tab above
In a regular classroom, you would expect to find that three students will have diagnosed asthma.
This course will provide school staff up-to-date information on asthma and its management within the school setting.
Most importantly, school staff will be trained in the national protocol for the first aid treatment of an asthma attack.
Expected time to complete course: Approximately one hour
Cost: Currently FREE – supported by funding from the Australian Government
Currency: Valid for three years
Recognition: Certificate of completion
Update: After completing this course, you can do the Refresher version for future training (with Certificate provided)
- Closed caption (CC) is available if wanting to read rather than listen to the audio
- Modules are followed by quizzes to reinforce key messages
- Return to the home page to exit the course at the end of a module to resume when next convenient
Troubleshooting: Contact the course provider via the Help Desk tab for online support. You can also email your problem to email@example.com
Who should do this course?
This training package is designed for use by all school staff. Asthma can occur at any time in any place – we advise that all staff with a duty of care for students do this course so they can provide Asthma First Aid if faced with an emergency asthma attack. This includes teachers, ancillary staff, volunteers, relievers and school leadership.
The course may be of particular interest for school staff:
- in remote areas where face-to-face training is not accessible
- awaiting a face-to-face session booked in the future
- who missed a face-to-face session at their school
- who want to refresh their Asthma First Aid knowledge
- who have newly enrolled students with asthma
This package does not meet ACECQA legislative requirements for early childhood education and care settings. Please contact your local Asthma Foundation for information about this training on 1800 ASTHMA (1800 278 462).
This package is not for swimming and aquatics instructors working outside of school settings. Please access the Asthma First Aid for Sport and Recreation package.