Asthma First Aid for Sport
Need to Enrol? Follow the ORANGE buttons to enrol yourself in this course
Already Enrolled? Click on the Student log in tab above
- Asthma First Aid for Sport
Physical activity is a major trigger for people with asthma, and sports clubs are very likely to have players with asthma. This course will provide coaches, trainers, swimming and aquatics instructors and other volunteers with up-to-date information on asthma and its management within the sports setting. Most importantly, sports club volunteers will be trained in the national protocol for the first aid treatment of an asthma attack.
Expected time to complete course: Approximately one hour
Currency: Valid for three years
Recognition: Certificate of completion
- Closed caption (CC) is available if wanting to read rather than listen to the audio
- Modules are followed by quizzes to reinforce key messages
- Return to the home page to exit the course at the end of a module to resume when next convenient
Troubleshooting: Contact the course provider via the Help Desk tab for online support. You can also email your problem to email@example.com or you can call your local Asthma Foundation.
Who should do this course?
This training package has been specifically designed to enable coaches, officials, trainers and volunteers involved with sporting clubs and recreation groups to effectively support participants with asthma and to become confident with the delivery of Asthma First Aid in the event of an asthma emergency. It will provide up-to-date information on asthma and its management within sport and recreation settings.
This training package may be of particular interest for:
- South Australia’s DECD Swimming and Aquatic Instructors
- Sports trainers
- people who want to refresh their Asthma First Aid knowledge
- coaches or team managers who have members with asthma
This package does not meet ACECQA legislative requirements for Early Childhood Education and Care settings. Please contact your local Asthma Foundation for information about this training on 1800 ASTHMA (1800 278 462).